Saturday, September 7, 2013

My week in Spain!

I wish I could have blogged earlier when I was in Spain to describe all that I did and saw during my time there. However, my time in Spain was nothing short of amazing! I arrived in Barcelona Spain on August 26th and stayed the night at a really nice hostel called Casa Gracia. The following morning we took an early train ride to Valencia which was a 5 hour ride and no seats were open for the first 3 hours of the journey so sleeping when we were already exhausted was not an option especially since we had to keep a close eye on our luggage. Once we got to Valencia we had a difficult time locating directions to our hostel. After a long period of waiting and trying to figure out directions, we walked 30-45 minutes with all our luggage up to our hostel where we spent 2 days in a mixed bedroom. The first night we went to the beach and put our feet in the Mediterranean Sea then had dinner along the coast. I tried Paella (famous rice dish) for the first time which is well known in Valencia. Little did I know the Paella at the restaurant was served with squid and squid ink which coated the rice. It had a very unique taste but overall I kind of liked it. After spending the evening at the beach we checked out more sights around the city center and even watched a soccer game! That same night at the hostel they told us about a Flamenco dancing show at a place called Radio City which was walking distance from the hostel. So that same night 4 other girls and I went to the Flamenco show and had a blast! The next day we did a walking day tour and saw some incredible buildings, churches, monuments, and markets. During the time there we also bought Gelato which was as amazing as I've been told, checked out the different shops and attended an after party for the Tomato Fight. The next morning we took the train back to Barcelona and luckily caught it 10 seconds before it was about to depart! Once we got back to Barcelona we returned to the hostel we stayed at on our first night, Casa Gracia where we had private rooms so we didn't have to worry as much about locking up our belongings. Throughout the remainder of our stay in Barcelona, we went on a walking tour where we got to experience unbelievable views of the city and coastline of the Mediterranean Sea, attended a Spanish cooking class where the cook took us to the market to see all the ingredients that we were going to be preparing in the dishes along with all you can drink Sangrias, went to the Gaudi's Museum, went to a local beach where I played a little soccer, went on a sailing adventure where we were able to jump off the sail boat in the middle of the Sea and swim, checked out the local shops, watched an elaborate water fountain light show, and went kayaking/ cliff jumping/ and snorkeling on our final day in Spain! Though the language barrier was difficult a lot of times in Spain, I enjoyed every minute of my time there and all the people we met along the way :)





1 comment:

  1. Ummm...Cliff Jumping?! Good thing you told me about that AFTER it happened! Spain sounds amazing and love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete